Our inaugural Intelligent Health Innovation Showcase, on 24 Oct 2017, was a huge success with over 250 attendees coming from Qld Health, startups, industry, students and researchers.
A new device found in some Gold Coast homes could now be used to save lives.#9News | http://9News.com.au
Posted by 9 News Gold Coast on Friday, 20 October 2017
Key highlights of the event were:
- Insightful opening talks by Dr Richard Ashby, Qld Health CIO, and our favourite shark Glen Richards
- Qld Health internal innovations from Deadly Ears, Choosing Wisely, Swift, and Clinician Connect
- Startup presentations from Kynd, SkinAnalytics, Canaria, Alive Cor, & Doctors on Call
- Innovation expo with over 20 exhibitors
- AI in Industry presentations from Cloudera, KJR, Philips and PWC
- Guided hospital tours of departments including emergency and pathology
- Internship Speed Dating, matching students with innovators, hosted by Ribit
- Innovation funding session with presentations from Aus Industry, Advance Queensland, eHealth Queensland, and VC funding via Brandon Capital Partners
IntelliHQ bringing together AI collaborators is key to the success of the Gold Coast Health & Knowledge Precinct as a major centre for innovation and entrepreneurship. Those initial interactions at the event have led to follow up opportunities being pursued and partnerships being formed.
Our media partner BeachCity capture some great moments of the event in these interviews: